Friday, April 13, 2007

view from my window






Also I thought I'd post some pics of what I see every day from my big picture window. Its not glamorous but there are some nice points. Off to the left is a mountain, and you can see all the cherry blossom trees (they bloom for 2-3 weeks) and a church on the hill. Directly across the street from is a women's hospital, the clay and grey building. In the background are tall apartment buildings and a bunch of small houses and apartments shoved in between. The real highlight for me is looking at the blue sky everyday! Haha, seems silly, but after a year in an apartment which barely received indirect daylight, its a welcome change.

Also included a pic of one of the schools I work at, elementary school. This one looks a bit different; I was told it was built when Korea was a colony of Japan, during the period from 1905-1945 if my numbers are correct. Japan also brought over the cherry blossom trees, otherwise there wouldn't be so many here. Unfortunately the warcrimes they committed are not easily forgotten here by the older generation, so many Koreans hate Japan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get us hooked on your pictures -- and then nothing. What's new???

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.