Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Children's Day/Auto Show






Friday, May 5th was Cinco de Mayo, Buddha's Birthday, Children's Day, and a day off for me! Children's day is where adults buy gifts for their kids and they get the day off. In fact, most people get the day off, to spend family time. The irony is that some schools, since they had Friday off, made their students come in on Saturday :-( But not our hagwon :-) So I took this opportunity to go the Busan International Motor Show (BIMOS) at Bexco Center in Haeundae, the up and coming area of Busan; lots of money in that area.

From the pictures you can tell that the Korean auto show is much more sexy than, for instance, most western auto shows. When compared to NAIAS in Detroit, BIMOS puts much more emphasis on the women. And that made it very fun for me and my budd John. Contrary to my normal interest in new cars, I didn't sit in a single car. John and I spent our time taking pics of as many girls as we could (that were worth taking pictures of) and posing with a few as well. I took about 100 pics, but had to delete some due to unfocused images. Later that night I went to a bar that kinda celebrated Cinco de Mayo, even though there are no hispanics in Busan. Just an excuse for a cover charged, theme night, and sell tequila and Coronas (which are more expensive here than Budweiser). Saturday night saw more of the same, and Sunday night I went out with a group of friends, one of which had her sister and her husband visiting in town for a few days. So we played some drinking games and went to a singing room, which I am very good at signing, it appears, on a good night. All in all a long weekend full of interesting experiences and much alcohol. Its like being in college again, but less responsibility! (j/k kinda)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An auto show in Busan -- who would have imagined that??? Glad you got to see it. Any American cars? Yeah, the girls are unbelievable. Those outfits definitely wouldn't be allowed here! Thanks for the pics.

Anonymous said...

Nice shades ;)

Leighton