Monday, March 19, 2007

Beijing Pt 1






Well, after my 8 days in Beijing, I come back to Busan feeling ready to go, refreshed and renewed. The next day I catch fever :-( and spent all day in bed (Saturday). Today (Monday) I went to get a checkup and some medication to take for one day. Price: $15. Is that cheap or what??

Luckily Beijing is only 1-hr time difference, so my friend John and I didn't suffer from jet lag. On the 2nd day I went to an aquarium nearby the hotel. I just figured I go and check it out, get it out of the way. I'm glad I went, there was lots to see in there. It was very dark, but fun. The shark exhibit was mesmerizing. Their tank was kind of big, and the sharks were no longer than 5-ft. But I could see why they instill fear into so many. They slowly pace around the tank, pale grey eyes and always baring their teeth. I stood by that tank for several minutes trying to get a good pic, but its tough when they never stop moving.

The sea turtles looked almost cartoonish in their colors, very impressive. The place reminded me of the movie 'Finding Nemo' - clown fish, whatever that blue fish was, and the sea turtles. There was also a gigantic tank where you could pass underneath, a glass tunnel so you could be right next to the fish! It was fun to be that close, and a little creepy, but difficult to take a good picture because of the glass curvature. I spent about 1-hr in the aquarium, cost about $10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks entirely different! It almost looks like an advertisement in a magazine. It's great! Sorry you got sick, but awesome that you got to go to Beijing. Did you make it to The Great Wall?