Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Miracle of Children

I came in to work today, just kind of sitting there. For whatever reason I was feeling down, and I didn't really feel like figuring out why I felt that way. So I just said a quick little prayer to God asking for him to help cheer me up a bit, so I could have a good day (cause being depressed sucks). But I didn't totally feel better right away.

Then I went into class, and thats when the miracle happened. I just went along like any normal day (I've figured out the routine after a week of teaching) but the kids just started laughing and goofing around. Instead of trying to calm them down or getting mad, it infected me. And from that point on I was in a good mood. One of my coworkers invited me to her family's house for dinner this weekend, and said she has a brother my age who likes alcohol. What's that supposed to mean??!!

By the end of the day there was a troublemaker, Gary. This kid has way too much energy for the whole class, and I was getting frustrated. But eventually we started a game which turned into homework - Bingo. 5x5, fill the squares with objects in the room. This was maybe too advanced for them, but it kept them quiet. All in all a good day.

So were my prayers answered? I believe they were. I feel that we see what we believe. And I'm only just starting to believe in the power of faith. But don't try to get me to go to church!

No comments: