Thursday, July 06, 2006

Happy 4th July!!!






There was no celebration here in ol' Busan, for the birth of the United States. But my friend and I got together for some pizza and beer, and me doing a recording for one of her classes! Woot!! In other news, most of my pics come from a few weeks ago, when I went back to Beomeosa with a friend, to do a thorough job hiking the mountain. It was a great day. I started out sweating like an old man until we made it to the summit, then the clouds rolled in and cooled me off. My hiking partner barely broke a sweat. I guess I'm getting back into American form (i.e. kinda fat in the midsection).

On another ridge we found some guys para-gliding. I've never seen that in person before, so it seemed so cool to me. They gave me a business card, in English, so we'll see what happens with that. On the job front, I do plan to stay here another year, but I am debating whether to stick around here in Busan or try another area. Obviously I already know Busan well, and have many friends here. I will let ya know what happens with that. In the meantime, France v. Italy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool place, the mountains lool more mature, rocks worn down, lots of vegetation. Can't believe people were paragliding.. and YOU were interested? Still? Exciting stuff. Nice picture of you, too!
Daddy-O

Anonymous said...

Wong Tong Jong? Dat be like 'What's Up Jon?' HE HE Heo Yea.
Y'all Gotz You's Baby Blues on an what not! Heo Yea!
Y'all recordin for dey Woot Tan Clan? fo sho!
40's Shliz Mawl Licker! They keep y'all Raw! and Rough! I aint even lyin.
Holla at yo boy!

Anonymous said...

Wong Tong Jong? Dat be like 'What's Up Jon?' HE HE Heo Yea.
Y'all Gotz You's Baby Blues on an what not! Heo Yea!
Y'all recordin for dey Woot Tan Clan? fo sho!
40's Shliz Mawl Licker! They keep y'all Raw! and Rough! I aint even lyin.
Holla at yo boy!