Monday, September 25, 2006

My new place






I heard my blog wasn't working; I think, if I don't post for over a month, maybe it just stops? Anyway, I'm mostly settled into my new place. I only have outdoor pics this time, but its much better than my first place. I live on the 8th floor. Its on a busy street, but the windows keep it very quiet, which is nice. And I can see the sky! Wow, what a difference! So now I have a plant sitting on my window sill and its growing well. These things make me happy: sunlight and plants.

So I did purchase a bike, but its turned out to be a lemon, can barely get above 50km/h, or about 30mph. It started out better, but has gone downhill quickly. After taking it to a mechanic whom a friend recommended, apparently 3rd gear just doesn't work, and there is a problem with the head valve. Lesson learned, and not too expensive; I paid about $500. So these same mechanics helped me find a better bike, same model. I took it for a test drive; like night and day. The new bike is quiet and much faster, and higher top end. So probably next month I'll get that one, and swap parts from the old one, for the best of both bikes. I'll have a pic of the better bike later.

Its been a slow month workwise, filling in for a friend a few jobs. But already have teaching stuff lined up for next month, i.e. next week. Thanks family for worrying about me, I love you too! Threw in a few pics of Busan, from the north side. Yesterday a friend and I took a cable car up to the mountaintop, and a picture of Gwangan bridge. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good Jon! Now that you are learning how to ride you have to get a bike when and if you coem back to the U.S. Chicks like a real man who knows how to ride.

Jon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What is the status in South Korea now that North Korea has tested nuclear?? Are people pretty calm over there? Or are they upset with the North? It's got to be the BIG topic of conversations.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering the same thing Jon. I heard somewhere that the Won is taking a big hit as well. Is the economy unstable atm? Let us know what your status is.

Anonymous said...

Hi jon,Hope all is well with you over there. Glad to hear you are so happy with your new digs! WI is beginning to show signs of winter. Another chilling 5 months ahead. Life is good though. Intrepid is still working well for us. We think of you often and always sending good thoughts your way. Do you get them? LOL!
Love Ya.