Tuesday, October 17, 2006

New bike, N.Korea





Well here are pics of my bike that I'm driving these days. Its a Daelim Magma, year 1997! Yea, its old, but this bike looks like many parts were replaced and maybe even the bike was repainted, or just garaged all the time. Anyway, it doesn't snow in Busan, so I can ride this bike all year round, depending on rain. Its a 125cc, so no worries about popping wheelies on this beast. Its adequate for city traffic, which is great, and I always cut between cars and buses, at stoplights. A real time saver. Don't have a pic of me on it, but remember, its built for Koreans, so I do look a bit large for the bike. But such a nice item to own. Yea, Joe, I'm thinking about getting a bike when I move back as well. Then we can drive around, have some high speed fun (I drive safe, mom :-)

As for that N.Korea stuff, I think I remember seeing some stuff on the news one night, but also I don't really speak Korean. So I have no idea how much people here are talking about it. And I don't have a TV now either. But life goes on as usual in this big city. No things out of the ordinary, and I really didn't ask any of my korean friends. I do know that there is opposition to an FTA bill getting signed. This could put a lot of farmers out of work, as I was hearing from one korean friend. Would really drive down the cost of rice, and force a lot of change among the agricultural sector. But I don't know enough of the details to fully speculate on that topic. Almost settled in with my full time work, one more trip to Japan coming up. Maybe I'll take some more pics there, but not too much to see in Fukuoka. Until next time!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Herr-Ro Jonnyson!
I don't ride motorcycles but someone once told me that they imagine everyone in a car is an idiot and they drive defensively.
It made sense to me.
I think you should should write Hemi on the tank. With a Paint brush. A thick one. That would be cool.
later Jonny-sako

Anonymous said...

That last post Mr. anonymous made is absolutely true. Pretend that every car doesnt see you and drive aggressive not defensive. Remember, you are a small target :-) Now to the Hemi on the tank. Only a fucktard would put that on their tank. So if the shoe fits..... Anywhoo work on those riding skills and get yourself a cafe bike or maybe a naked when you get back to the states. Hopefully by then I will have another bike to do some riding with ya.

Anonymous said...

Your bike looks good!! How far away is work? Do you have a mailing address now that you're working full time? Take it easy out there, and enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi im Schalk Labuschagne.I busy restoring a magma(2001).But its hard to find parts in South Africa,were do you get ur parts from.My brother is currently at his girlfrind in Seoul