Monday, November 13, 2006

My apartment, weather






Hello, all! I finally got my apartment situated with all the furniture I need; didn't have a dresser for over 2 months, just a huge hockey bag in the corner full of clothes. So now that I got the dresser I decided to take some pictures. It's really an improvement over my first apartment here. Location is way better, lots of daylight, better insulation (no more freezing showers in the winter!) and 8th floor view. Its hard to get good pictures withe my camera because norman mode is zoomed in already, so I did the best I could. Hope you get an idea.

Also wanted to talk about the weather here. Since about September, its rained maybe 5 times total, so its been really nice for the most part. Occasionally windy, but generally sunny and always comfortable temps. Just in the last week its started to get a bit cold as winter approaches. I've enjoyed riding my bike in this weather. One weekend a friend and I took our bikes to the northern part of the city, just to go for a ride and have lunch, enjoy the weather. I can't wait until spring comes around! As for now, I'll have to get some winter gear on my bike. There are big mitt type things you can put on your handlebars to cover your hands in the cold, apparently about $20. And I was told to start wearing long-johns under my jeans. Anyway, I should be prepared by that time.

The bike is running well; a good investment. Classes are going well, too. I've learned a lot about dealing with kids during my time here, like how important it is to have a reward system in place to motivate them to do their work. Otherwise they just run around and hit each other! Its not always easy, but I no longer get as stressed about things. I think there's another blog coming soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a Star on your helmet? I was told in second grade that it means you're special when you get a star. I never got one. You must be extra special with that big star.

Anonymous said...

Good Point Anonymous! Lets put it all together shall we.
You have a sticker on your helmet.
Its a large sticker of a star with many small ones around it.
Your bike is small.
You are Large.
WELLL HOWWWW DEE!!! Sounds like y'all is real special lookin!

Anonymous said...

HYA HYA
Good point NoNimus
Check it out... The second picture looks like one o dem mo-bile navigation systems. Come in real handy on your bike! Go Get Em Sparky!