Monday, October 17, 2005

Subway

This weekend i was riding the subway and I was reminded of the videos they show. There is a video monitor that shows commercials and stuff. Whats interesting is that it also shows you how to perform a new hip-hop dance move every week. They map it out slowly at first, then go to full speed. Its funny at first to see, then after a while I watch it and try to remember it so I can practice it at home. lol But I haven't tried that yet...

I also figured out how to meet more foreigners - go to bars! But certain bars. A guy I met last night told me where to go Friday night and Satuday night. Both places are kinda far away, but if I get to meet people and get their phone numbers, it'll be easier to make plans with people. Also these places are where the English-speaking Korean women end up, at least some of them. So thats a plus.

At the club last night I saw these tools walking around, dressed like hip-hop boys, in jerseys and bandanas (American). Then they got up and started rapping onstage. I was laughing. But they actually started rapping in Korean also. I was impressed with that, but only a little. I was glad when they were done, so the next DJ could come on and play her same breakbeat tracks she plays every week. Man I miss my turntables! If I can manage I'll try to get up to Seoul some weekend and check out some clubs there. In Busan there are no more than 5 choices for dance clubs. If I can manage to get my laptop DJ ready, that would open up some possibilities and some more fun for me :-)

No comments: